Sempena cuti sekolah ni, ramai sungguh yang datang bertandang ke Department kami, so, nak bagi lah sedikit info kat cikgu-cikgu yang organize lawatan tu at least dapat gambaran awal sebelum datang melawat.
sedikit sebanyak info mengenai Biomedical engineering, kalo nak dapat detail maklumat, boleh masuk ke web: http://biomedical.eng.um.edu.my/
Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (BBEng)
Biomedical Engineering involves the application of the latest advances in engineering and scientific knowledge for biomedical use. Our undergraduate programme prepares students for positions in biomedical engineering industries or to pursue advanced postgraduate studies. During the first and second years of study, you will focus upon core electrical and mechanical engineering and biology-based topics giving you a firm foundation upon which to build the rest of your degree program. To enhance your soft skills a Critical Thinking and Communication course is provided all students.
The third year moves engineering topics to a more advanced level as well as incorporating an industrial placement module, bringing both a higher level of practical expertise and engineering exposure which will benefit students throughout the rest of the programme and in their future careers. Prior to industrial placement, students have an opportunity to interact with medical specialists at the University of Malaya Medical Centre that adds further depth to their work. This provides student an opportunity to suggest solutions to overcome the problem faced by UMMC.
The final year is dominated by the final year thesis project and elective topics. The elective components permit students to shape their own direction as preparation for a future career. Due to diverse specialties of our lecturers, students have opportunity to specialize in a wide range of fields. At the end of the thesis project, the students are obliged to present and defend their project. The Department organizes visits to industry every year to expose students to a commercial working environment. There are also lectures from the industry in every semester to enable students to hear first hand from prominent biomedical engineers.
Programme Educational Objective
- To produce professional engineers that are educated and well trained with the ability to carry out critical and creative analysis to design and to solve biomedical engineering related problems.
- To produce professional engineers who are able to communicate effectively at technical and non-technical levels and to serve as a team member or leader with good interpersonal skills.
- To produce professional engineers who are able to make technical decisions within the context of a globalised economy and to practice good work ethics in executing professional, social and environmental duties.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge in engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to acquire, analyze, interpret and report experimental data.
- Ability to design biomedical engineering systems, components or processes to meet desired needs.
- Ability to identify and solve biomedical engineering problems.
- Ability to use the current engineering techniques, skills, and tools necessary for biomedical engineering practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively, not only with engineers but also with the community at large.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member or a leader in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to apply thinking skills in solving problems.
- Understanding and commitment to biomedical engineering professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Understanding the social, global, and environmental responsibilities of a professional biomedical engineer.
- Understanding the need to undertake lifelong learning and possessing the ability to do so.
- Knowledgeable in contemporary issues.
Minimum of Grade B (CGPA 3.0) in Mathematics and Physics,
Minimum of Grade A- (CGPA 3.7) in Biology and Chemistry, and Minimum of Grade A2 in SPM Physics
1. Pass the SPM/equivalent examination with good results
2. Pass with Credit in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia at SPM/equivalent; AND
3. Pass the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with minimum Band 3